- Strategies for incorporating individual films and television episodes in course syllabi—or even courses based around just the Cinematic Universe
- The films’ structures as analogous to much earlier 1930s and 1940s superhero film serials
- The significance of revisions made in adapting the comics for film, whether changing characters’ backstories or adjustments in visual narrative between comic book panels and film screens
- Differences in storytelling practices between the films and the television series
- Challenges when adapting the original Marvel Comics due to rights disputes between Disney and Sony, Fox, and other studios that have led to the exclusion of the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, and up until now Spider-man
- Diversity or lack thereof among the characters, cast, and crew for the films and television series
Submissions for both CFPs are due this Wednesday, September 30. Abstracts must be submitted online at https://www.cfplist.com/nemla/Home/S/15845, with a free CFP List NeMLA account.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.